Friday, November 11, 2011

An Empty Table = A Full Heart



The other day, while on our break at work, I sat down and Sam knew what was coming. He saw my "I've been thinking" smile and braced himself!

Me: "How much do you think we'd spend on Thanksgiving dinner, if we did a dinner?"

Sam: *slightly puzzled* "I dunno. Why?"

Me: "Well, I was just thinking... I heard on the radio that a local group can feed one child in Haiti for a year on $30. If we were going to spend that money, I'd rather donate it to them than get food for us."

Sam: "Okay."

And that's it. Instead of a mini-feast for ourselves for Thanksgiving, we decided we'd share our thankfulness and send that money to a child in Haiti that doesn't even have food. Because we can.

If you are interested in learning more about donating to Haiti- check out this local organization: Allowing Christ To Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments, so feel free to leave them! (Just be nice!)

Please note to pass the captcha you will need to enter both letters and numbers!